CLP: Our Programmes
A Platform for Social Movement of Grassroots Citizens working to enthrone democratic accountability and inclusive development
Impact and Reach over the Years
WHO WE ARE
Community Life Project (CLP) promotes participatory grassroots development, citizens’ engagement, livelihood, gender equality, popular participation in electoral process, and sexual and reproductive health and rights in Nigeria. Founded in 1992 and registered in May 1995, CLP has over 25 years track record and rich experience in community development, social mobilisation and capacity building of State and non-State actors at all levels on issues of health, livelihood and governance.
CLP is highly effective in bringing about appropriate mindset and behaviour changes as well as active community engagement. With its over 25-year track record, it is exceptionally able to achieve community ownership of interventions and to deliver impact.
Located in Lagos with branch offices in Abuja and Asaba, CLP serves as the institutional base for ReclaimNaija – a broad-based national social movement of Grassroots citizens working to enthrone democratic accountability and inclusive development.
1. Mutual Respect: We recognise the innate worth of all people irrespective of their class and position.
2. Integrity: We match our words with our actions, maintaining truthfulness and honesty in all our dealings at all times.
3. Diversity and Inclusion: We embrace all human beings irrespective of race, religion, sex, disability or status.
4. Accountability: We are accountable to our partners, stakeholders, donors and statutory organisations.
5. Community Ownership: We ensure that communities at the grassroots participate actively in shaping the direction of our programmes.
Meet the Board of Directors
Community Life Project has a formidable Board of Directors made up of world acclaimed eminent personalities reputed for outstanding contributions to National and Global development. The Board is the policy-formulating body of the organisation.The policies of the Board are implemented by the Organisation, headed by the Executive Director.
Dr. Adhiambo Odaga
Ms. Ngozi Iwere (Executive Director, CLP)
Mr. Soni Irabor
Mr. Chuks Ojidoh (Deputy Director, CLP)
Ms. Olutoyin Sokefun (TY Bello)
Meet the Team
Over the past 25 years, Community Life Project has been blessed with various devoted resourceful hands that have helped tremendously in driving the vision, mission and goal of the organisation across all our programmes.